The TFN Administration Office has one (1) part-time position opening for a Beach Keeper & Visitor Services Attendant to work with our Beach Keeper Program Team in the Broken Group Islands.
Beach Keeper & Visitor Services Attendant work responsibilities require contributing to the Team approach for the undertaking of wide variety of seasonal visitor services and beach maintenance work. Job duties include daily patrolling, cleaning of facilities, maintaining camping areas, checking visitor permits, collecting fees and monitoring wildlife.
Working under the operational supervision of the Program’s Team Leader, you will provide onsite support to ensuring that visitor attendance at the Broken Group Island’s beaches and marine environments is monitored and any safety issues are addressed in accordance with prescribed procedures.
As a part-time employee of the Beach Keeper Program, your up to 40-hour weekly work schedule will involve a rotating work roster with extended work hours and scheduled weekend work days. The seasonal work term of this program requires you to commit to work commencing in May and ending in mid-September.
The successful applicant will possess skills and experience in the following areas:
- A secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education/ experience.
- Able to interact well with the public in a marine park outdoor setting.
- Must possess a valid SVOP and be capable of operating vessels and working in a marine environment.
- Current First Aid Level 1 certification; or a commitment to obtain.
- Able to plan, prepare and maintain Beach Keeper supplies and equipment.
- Familiar with use of Windows computer programs.
- A Criminal Records check is mandatory. Criminal record check clearance is mandatory.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills, together with report and proposal writing abilities.
If you believe you have the skills and ability for this position, submit a cover letter with your resume and 3 current references to the attention of the Executive Director, care of the Executive Assistant either in person at the Tseshaht First Nation Administration Office; by mail to TFN Administration Office, 5091 Tsuma-as Drive, Port Alberni BC, V9Y 8X9 on or before the closing date.
Offer ended on June 20, 2019